Monday, September 28, 2009

“We’re not just starving artists- we’re freezing too,” Promotional Poster 1996.
Destination “The Soap Factory;” the factory began as a ware house for the railroad and during World War II it became a Soap Factory. In 1995 is became known for a gallery of art, a studio space and a creative area to brainstorm new ideas. This place is something everyone needs to experience especially if you’re interested in creative art.
After a long day of trying to find this place, I arrived. Shocked at the outer building and affects it had. The Factory seemed very creepy and cold, however; the broken down, cold dirty factory became very warm, soft and comfortable in a matter of minutes after walking in.
I walked up to the reception desk and took the little black book. Please, I advice all of you to take this book! This book will guide you through the meaning of the art and why the artist created what they did.
To my right were four circles “Memory Eternal,” placed in the middle of the floor and made from porcelain and light. The design was created by Lauren Herzak-Bauman in 2009, it represent emotion and feeling. I cannot explain to you how this art made me feel or how awesome it really was to see it. You really have to visit the gallery to get the full experience and affect. I can say this though it was a beautiful piece and very touching and it gave me butterflies.
After visiting that gallery, I wondered my way to the next. Stepping over the “Barricade,” to the next gallery room; this piece was my favorite piece of art I have ever seen. “Umbrella Cloud,” by Adam Parker Smith, 2009; this work of art was extravagant. It was art made from umbrellas representing the universe. Smith wrote on his page that I felt best described this art “To understand the universe through a bizarre confluence of real events, daydreams, and pre-existing fables.” Smith’s art went through the whole building and brought a very soft and relax feeling to the atmosphere.
I am sorry that I do not have much to write about this gallery but I can only classify it as a good thing. I am speechless over this art. I found this place amazing and I really strong encourage everyone to see this building to experience your own feelings of emotions when walking through! This is not your ordinary gallery this is one you will enjoy to the very last second you are there and will continue to repeat to yourself, “I will return!”

No comments:

Post a Comment